Monday, April 7, 2008

4:12AM....

This morning Luke decided to wake up at 4:12am and decided not go back to bed. I tried sleeping next to the crib, rocking him, putting him in bed with Jake and me and nothing worked. So finally at 5:30am I gave in and we went out and watched "Little Einsteins" and gave him his warm milk. Fortunately, Jake let me sleep about 30 minutes before he left for work. Luke managed to stay awake till 12pm and I just put him down for a nap. Well, I should say that Luke ran in and we brushed his teeth and then he ran into his room next to his crib. He then quickly put the blanket over him and waited for his pacifiers so he could go to sleep. I dropped about 6 pacifiers on him as he laid in his crib and said "Love you...have a great nap". I haven't heard any noise so I assume he has already drifted off into sleep land.

2 comments:

Reggs said...

oh man, it must be something in the air. You are the third mommy today to tell me that their kid woke up at a ridiculous hour. Oh well, gives us a long nap time to look forward to!
I am going to experiment with putting my kids to bed early. If they go to bed early, they wake up early. But they go to bed late, and they wake up early anyway!

Laura Beers said...

Luke has been waking up around 5ish for the past few days but he has never gone in the 4ish time slot. Good thing Jake helped me this morning. Now Luke did take a nap from 12-3 but Peyton only slept for an hour. The sad thing was I started watching "Enchanted" and I never took a nap. Silly Laura. So now I am going to bed early tonight.