I have always had a theory that I will die when I got stung by a bee. For my first 28 years of my life the bees and I had an understanding- They wouldn't sting me and I wouldn't pinch them. Since I am paranoid, in all aspects of my life, I figured that since bee stings cause allergic reactions in some of my relatives then I was allergic to bees. Today that theory was put to rest because Luke and I got stung by a bee at our "massive play date at the pool". I picked up Peyton's hat and wrung out the water and all of a sudden "OUCH"!!!!!!!!!!! I never saw the stinger or the bee but it throbbed for minutes and then just was sore. Luke started complaining about his neck hurting. When I looked at it I immediately freaked. It was a HUGE bump and bright red. He was in serious pain and so we went home. My whole family was at Sheri's house and she was nice enough to pick up her phone. None of my family had their "cellphones" on them. Fortunately, the bump started going away and it stopped hurting.
If anyone cares...I did not die after being stung. Apparently, I am not allergic to bees. So now I have to come up with a new way that I will die!
3 comments:
i've always had an irrational fear of being stung by a bee. i know it won't hurt THAT much or for TOO long, but there's the fear anyway. so i figure subconsciously i must know that i'm allergic.
I'm glad no one died yesterday. Just think, you would have had no bee nstings if you had just come over to my house. We missed you!
LAURA!!!!!!!! Long time no freaking see!!! It's been ages and now you're married with two kids! Its Sarah (Sharp)Sperry, by the way. Anyway, I would love to write you some time, so I think I will! Check out the blog my husband made if you'd like sperryfam2001.blogspot.com catch you later, I'm on my way out the door!
ps, I'm very glad that you didn't die!!!
Post a Comment