Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Yes, I bribe my children


I love taking showers by myself. Am I selfish to want to relax for just a few minutes while I know my son is safe watching "The Little Mermaid" and eating a ring pop? I take a shower when Peyton goes down for her first nap. If I don't bribe Luke then he wants to take a shower with me and then I end up holding him almost the entire time. If I bribe Luke but I get distracted by my blog or something and he finishes his ring pop then he wants to take a shower with me. I started bribing him with Fun Dip but that always tipped people off that I gave him straight sugar when his mouth and fingers were green. So now I give him a ring pop.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Glad I'm not the only one who sticks my kid in front of the tv while I take a shower.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you get your alone time but instead of sugar snacks maybe luke would enjoy some nice vegetables with some ranch. If you get him to eat his vegetables and you get alone time you both win.

Sheri King said...

Laura, I heard you were under the weather. This isn't just an excuse to get out of your talk on Sunday is it? If so, good idea to start early; that way it is more believable!