So currently I am having no luck getting a part time job. I have gone to Outback, Olive Garden, Claim Jumper, Applebees, TGI Fridays, Denny's, Target, In & Out and Macy's to apply for a job. Target and In & Out claim that they have no openings. Olive Garden, TGI Fridays, and Claim Jumper won't hire me since I won't work on Sundays and when Outback fires someone I am at the top of the list for a server position there.
I have applied to multiple call centers and seasonal work. So far I have gotten nothing. I think it is sad that I can't even get a minimum wage job. I guess my hours are a little more complex then I thought because I can only work evenings and Sat.
The reason why I want to be a server is that I can meet new people, work out, think on my feet, and get paid tips. I loved being a server when I was at BYU.
A lot of people have wondered why I don't go back to work full time. Construction does not have part time options (at least commercial construction) and the hours are 6:30ish to 6ish. So I would never see my kids and Jake would never see the kids. So we decided not to go that route and I would stay at home during the day. Jake can work his 2nd and 3rd year though.
If anyone has any ideas for a part time job please let me know......
No comments:
Post a Comment