Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lake Mead Adventure

Last Wednesday my Mom and Brother talked me into taking a trip to Lake Mead for a long weekend. Jake had to stay behind and work since he only had a week and 1/2 left of work. So they promised to help and off we went. I even slaloming twice and I didn't kill myself because I am in descent shape. (I have a problem acknowledging that I am getting old and shouldn't do some hardcore skiing but I did crash a few times really hard trying to get the perfect turn)

Family picture (except without Daddy since he had to work. Poor Jake)
Luke copied everything that Grandma did. He would put his hand up on his head even if he didn't have a hat on because Grandma had her hand on her head. It was so cute.
I GOT TO EAT AT CAFE RIO!!!!! I am passing on the delicious tradition to Peyton. My family would only let me go once but it was delicious to the taste!!! I love their shredded beef burrito and Dr.Pepper. DELICIOUS!!!
Uncle Mark, Luke and Me. Luke loved the tube!!! He spent a lot of time just sitting on it like a lounge chair. He got really mad if Mark splashed him!
Peyton hated her life jacket! She spent very little time in it because she would throw a full on fit if she had it on.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love Cafe Rio!! that place rocks!! It is my favorite!!! I wish they had it in So Cal! I wen there on my first date with my husband in St George Ut. Too bad Jake missed out on that trip!..life of a Dad..always working so the kids and Mom can live it up!!

Sheri King said...

Love the Dr. Pepper hat.

Jenni said...

Looks like fun. Glad you got Cafe Rio!!