Well we are mostly moved in with my parents. We just finished cleaning out our apartment and Jake is staying up in Carlsbad to study for the Patent Bar. (He can take this bar before law school even starts so he wants to get it out of the way.) I have a few boxes left and it is getting very tiring and I am not motivated at all. I will have updates soon but that is all that is going on here. We don't have callings yet but here are a few ideas that I will ask Bishop Martin to think about for us:
1) Relief Society Door Greeter
2)Young Women Door Greeter
3) Sitting outside drinking soda during Sunday School so the youth won't escape
4) Sitting in the foyer during Sacrament just in case someone walks in with a question about the church
5) Cupcake Maker & Tester
6) Bishop Food Tester (Just in case he might get poisoned I will take a bite of all cookies or candy prior to giving him one)
7) Sacrament Cougher (The person that makes a really deep cough during the sacrament)
8) Music Hummer (Since I can't sing I will just Hum along)
Here are a few ideas. Any more?
2 comments:
You must be inspired. I was just thinking we need a ward bathroom door greeter. I also was looking for Bishop food tester for the first Sunday of every month. I appreciate your obvious closeness to the spirit.
Sincerly, Bishop Martin
Bishop Martin,
I think a ward bathroom door greeter is just what the Spring Valley Ward Needs. Also another calling you might want to consider for Jake is the 10 minute bell ringer. Jake can ring the bell when there is 10 minutes left of Sunday School. Then the normal bell ringer can ring the bell at 5 minutes till and then when class is over. It is a win/win since the instructor knows when they have 10 minutes left and then Jake can just sit back on the comfortable chairs in the foyer till his services are needed.
We will wait for the official calling.
Post a Comment