Monday, November 3, 2008

My Horrible, Horrible Day......

So the day started off great because I got up and went to the gym at 5:40am. I ran for 20 minutes and then did crunches. Then I came home and took out the trash and my Mom drove up with a delicious Dr.Pepper beverage for me. My kids were already up and gave me big kisses when they saw me. (Jake went back to bed till 7:30) After Jake left for school I started cleaning the house, doing laundry, building towers and castles with legos, and that is when the horribleness started. Peyton decided that she wants to be held all the time. So I kept trying to ignore her, she whines, ignore her some more, she whines, ignore her again, she whines, I think about swearing outloud, she whines, I'm reaching my breaking point of whining, she whines.....etc.

So I decided that we are going on a trip to Target. I always have a reason to go to Target (even if they don't want me as a valuable employee). I had a couple of things I had to return so off we go. I had to return a Nemo Ice Pack that had a hole in it. So it wasn't worth the fight when Luke wanted the princess ice pack rather than the Nemo Ice Pack since it was an even exchange. I know Jake will make a comment when I pull out of the freezer a Cinderella Ice Pack with sparkles!

After the trip to Target I dropped off books at the Library and headed to McDonalds for my 2nd soda and two kiddie cones. (Oh...pet peeve #1- Why do they make the kiddie cones so big? Don't they realize it is for a young child? I always get a brain freeze because I take off the entire 5" of ice cream on top of the cone. The ice cream should not be bigger than the cone itself. I understand it is free and they probably think I'm so whitetrash that they should spoil my kids with extra ice cream but stop the ice cream insanity)

Then we headed home and Peyton decided to do the whine thing all over again. Lunch and then Nap Time. Peyton then only took a hour nap and decided to repeat her whiny behavior. So I decided to go to the store since I needed to get milk anyways. After our trip to Vons, and a donut for the kids, I pull into McDonalds again for my third soda of the day. Then we headed home and I prepared dinner. Now Peyton repeats her behavior and makes it even more dramatic. I actually had to count to 10 on a few occasions. She has a really bad diaper rash so I'm cutting her some slack. She took her bottle of milk and then went to bed. Luke went down easy too but I am so exhausted that I'm off to bed.

Jake is still at school and has been studying all day. So at least my day is over but he has another couple of hours. Poor Jake!

1 comment:

John Sperry said...

First of all, I'm sorry you had a bad day! Secondly, why am I still shocked at the vast quantity of your Dr. Pepper consumption? It amazes me, I hope these people are giving you a discount by now!! ;) And, third, aren't you allowed to drink it at home out of the bottle? or do you just prefer it on tap? I've heard soda in general is better that way.