So Jake thinks that it is pathetic I have made friends with the employees of McDonald's drive thru. I see these people at least every other day and I may not learn their names but I learn about their lives.
For example one sweet, young unwed mother, is in a breakup with her boyfriend, and father of her child, and she hopes they can work it out because she has given her heart to him. Luke refers to this girl as "The nice girl" and loves when I roll down the window so he can talk to her.
Another nice young man is a Sr. in high school and is into theater and plans to go to college to major in theater. (You might be able to guess his sexual orientation...I'm just saying.)
Do you think it is pathetic?
2 comments:
I totally think that is awesome of you. It serves dual purpose:
1) these people like you enough to tell you about their lives. They will never spit in your drink or give you a cup that fell on the nasty floor.
2) You help them feel important. After all, they go home at the end of the day and remind themselves that they work for minimum wage at Mcdonalds.
Good Job, Laura! Most people would just ignore them.
looks like you and I have some stories to swap :) "next week on Drive Thru Lane.." hehehe
Post a Comment