Thursday, January 1, 2009

Laura Beers Update

I'm sorry I have not been as diligent about writing on my blog but a lot has been going on. My Dad is doing better but it will be a long battle. He has right side neglect and he has to do physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy every day and he just passed the swallow test so he can eat. He is in a rehab center and needs help to do the most basic things. Due to his situation my brother Mark is taking a semester off at BYU to help take care of my Dad on a day to day basis since my Mom has to go back to work next week. I think this is an amazing sacrifice and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have taken a semester off college. I'm impressed that my brother would be willing to be so unselfish and he as already helped my Dad in so many ways. My Dad responds very well to my brother.

Jake finished his first semester of law school and has a couple of weeks off. I have loved having him home and the kids are so happy to have their daddy back. We have gone to Sea World, the Zoo, visiting Grandma Beers and cousins, and have just hung around the house. Jake doesn't go back till the 13th so I'm happy about that.

Well that is my update. I spend my life either with Jake and the kids or at the hospital with my Dad. Jake is great about letting me go to the hospital for a few hours everyday.

Sorry no big news but life is going along great!

No comments: