Friday, May 1, 2009

Why Am I so Honest?


So today I went to Walmart to get more underwear for Luke, goldfish and coloring books for the kids for the drive to AZ this afternoon. I spent $45 dollars and got a few shirts (matching elephant shirts for the kids...so cute) and a couple other things for Peyton. Why can't I go into Walmart or Target and not spend less then $40 dollars. It is a mystery.

I got some cash back for our trip and the employee gave me an extra $5 dollars. I immediately counted it and handed it back to him. I am so glad that even thinking about keeping that money didn't occur to me. I'm so glad to have the spirit in my life that I would not want to drive the spirit away for $5 dollars. My integrity is worth more than an extra $5 dollars (or 5 sodas).

1 comment:

Amber said...

I don't know Laura, $5 is a lot of money. 10 sodas if you get them on sale...