Saturday, July 25, 2009

MATRON OF HONOR

Yesterday my friend Ashley got married. She asked me to be her Matron of Honor and I discovered why:

1) I was the oldest out of all the bridesmaids
2) I looked amazing in the bridesmaid's outfit
3) I can multitask very well
4) I'm a witty speaker and nailed the maid of honor toast
5) I can dance up a storm
6) I smell like a mix of strawberries and a pinch of love
7) My personality is so witty that people love to be around me
8) People have mistaken me for Keira Knightly
9)My hair had such poof that people thought I was from UT!

Well only two of those things are true. I was the oldest by at least 4 years and I love multitasking. I enjoyed making Ashley happy by making her life a little easier. It was a lot of fun. My favorite thing was when they got sealed. The older I get the more I enjoy watching my friends getting sealed. It makes you remember what is at stake and giving up is not an option. Ashley and her husband, Mike, looked so happy and it was such a joy to be with them.

Plus I met Mike's family and they are awesome! Immediately I started hanging out with them and it wasn't because one of them had a 3 month baby. (I tried to steal the baby...he was so cute) They had the same sense of humor as me and it was a lot of fun. Sadly they live in Virginia but at least I have a reason to go over to the east coast.

F.Y.I- Now that I nailed the Matron of Honor spot I am willing to rent out my services. The fee is a soda and exclusive rights to all the inappropriate questions I can think of.

2 comments:

The Ferguson Family said...

Just one question, did you do your own hair :)

WARNERS said...

You are so funny! It was fun reading your blog and getting updated since I haven't hung out with you for sooo long. I saw you at church but I didn't get a chance to talk to you. I wore your dress, if you didn't notice and Mitch loved it. He told me to go buy the same one but was dissappointed when I told him they probably didn't cary the same dress 3 yrs in a row.

I hope you're having a good time with family and all. We miss you guys. Let us know when things calm down enough for us to hang out with you.

Are you planning on going to the gym tomorrow or Wednesday? President Snodgrass told I needed to give you a hard time for not being there today.

Loved your matron of honor post