Monday, July 6, 2009

So I have this neighbor

So I have this next door neighbor. He is an older man who lives by myself and loves to talk to people outside. Most of the time he is extremely pleasant to talk too. He does so much for my family construction wise and he is fun to talk too. Lately he has been standoff-ish towards me and my mom found out why:

1) He was mad because I talk to him about the church. (His ex-wife was a member so we have always joked back and forth about the church for years so I guess he is now offended by it)
2) I made the comment that my friend Ashley should move in with her husband after they get married into his spare bedroom. (He thought I was serious and felt like he was put on the spot.) Yeah, a honeymoon couple would love to live with a 70 year old man in his spare bedroom???

So I have tried to break him of his annoyance towards me with kindness. Well today he got personal. I was unloading the kids out of the car and a neighborhood dog came up and we were chatting with the owner. My kids ran to his yard and pulled weed like moss up from his flower bed. He came out screaming and was yelling to me about how I never tell my kids No. I was in shock how rude he was being so I just scooped up my kids and walked away. There is no worse feeling then being told that you are a horrible Mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! That stinks when it happens. ((hugs)) You are a great mom!

Sheri King said...

It sounds like a barrel of fun at his house. No wonder your friend wants to move into his spare bedroom!