Monday, December 7, 2009

The Evil Medi-Cal Office

Today I had to go back to the Medi-Cal office to find out if my benefits were still denied because "they claimed I didn't turn in information that was required of me". So I figured poor people wouldn't be in line right at 8am in the rain and I was right. I didn't have to wait in line (sometimes the wait is 40 minutes) and I turned in my paperwork and asked to talk to a supervisor. 20 minutes later a supervisor told me I didn't turn in all my paperwork and made me fill out two forms I had turned in the previous Thursday (and I had a receipt for it as proof).
The supervisor then called me at 10 and asked me to come in and fill out a form that was also outstanding. I told her I had already filled this form out and turned it in last Thurs but they had no record of it. So I went in and filled the form out and then the supervisor told me that they screwed up. She told me that the case worker was unexperienced and was embarrassed by how this case was handled. So the supervisor was personnally filing this case for me today.

It actually feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I am in such a good mood. Thank you for anyone who prayed for me. Now....shift your prayers to Jake getting a summer associate position. When that happens my life will be freaking awesome!!!

No comments: