Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Going to the Zoo with Grandma Beers
When I dropped Luke off at Preschool today I was told that Bella was not going to come over today. She was going over to her sister's house. So I decided to do what any self-declared "Mother of the Year" would do...I planned a fun outing and brought Grandma along to help with the fun! Luke was not picked as the volunteer for the Sea Lion Show so the day did end in disappointment. My strategy for seating arrangements did not work this time. The rest of the time at the zoo was fun!
Luke, Peyton and Me by the polar bear. I had to take one picture to document I was there.
Peyton wanted to see the Tigers so Debbie embarrassed us by checking a map to figure out how to get there. Although in her defense at this point I had gone the wrong way once but I knew kind of how to get there. True Zoo Members do not check the map......we just wander around till we find the exhibit. I ended up being right...like usual....and we found the Tigers. (Debbie might have a different recollection of events....)
Luke, Peyton and Grandma waiting for the skyride. Sadly, I wish that I could say Peyton was making a face for the picture but she was rocking that facial expression for awhile at that point.
When we did get to the Tigers, thanks to my navigational skills, we were shocked at how close the Tiger was to us. A few of the young kids were too scared to get close to the glass. It was pretty awesome being that close to a Tiger. Luke was loving it. Peyton was scared but let Grandma hold her close.
Luke sticking his head out by a seal lion. It was so bright I loaned him my glasses for the photo.
Luke and Peyton hugging each other. They are so nice to each other!!!
Grandma, Peyton and Luke at the gorilla exhibit. Luke was disappointed because he wanted the gorillas to throw poo at him. Why he thought this should happen we haven't figured out yet??? I am not a gorilla fan but Luke and Peyton loved it. Peyton spent most of her time with Grandma Beers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember following the zoo workers to get to the tigers.
Post a Comment