Yesterday I took Luke, Peyton and Bella to the Doctor for Peyton's chronic cough and Luke's skin irritation that he has had for years. (The last Dr said it was harmless and don't worry about...which it is but it itches Luke...) Peyton fell asleep on the way over so she slept through the entire Dr. Appt which was great. Luke and Bella started to have problems and Luke freaked out after the Doctor was done looking at his arm. He started pushing the chairs around, running around a small Dr. exam room and acting like an out of control child. When I grabbed him he would start hitting me and yelling at me for touching him. When the Dr. left the room I finally was tired with his out of control behavior so I said "If you do not stop right now then I will not let you go to Fay or Ronald's B-Day Parties tomorrow". That didn't even phase him and he was back to being horrible. Bella was hiding in the corner because Luke was going so crazy. I looked like a horrible, horrible Mom.
So we took away the B-Day Parties. When we got home we put Luke on time out and then decided if Luke was really good then he could go to one party tomorrow. Sadly, he was horrible the whole night. He was tired but he would hit Peyton or just not listen.
It is tough because Birthday Parties are fun for the parents too. It is a time for adults to talk and relax. This morning we went and bought a present for Fay and took it over to her house. Luke said "Sorry he couldn't go to her party and why". We stayed for about 10 minutes and then left. That is when Luke realized what he was missing and understands it is because he was naughty.
It was tough to enforce this punishment but it was the right thing. Next time I will leave Luke home with Jake and I will go to Fay's and Ronald's B-Day Parties!
No comments:
Post a Comment