Thursday, November 4, 2010

Toys for Tots


A few days ago I was walking Peyton into preschool and the administrator stopped me and asked me to sign up for Toys for Tots. I said "Of Course" and put Peyton's name and age down. Then the conversation started:

I said "When should we bring the gift back?"
He said "Oh no, I go pick up the gifts and give them to your kids".
I said "Peyton has plenty of toys so I'm not going to sign up".
He said "You need to sign up so everyone in preschool gets at least one present".
I said "We don't need any toys. We normally sign up to donate at least one toy".
He said "There are ranges of toys provided and Peyton does need one so she doesn't feel left out".

Yes, Peyton is getting a toy from Toys for Tots!!!!! Since we are poor I have looked into all of the government programs we are eligible for but I have never looked into a charities. Toys for Tots are for kids that have limited amount of toys and don't get a big Christmas. I may dress like whitetrash and act whitetrash but my kids do not go without a lot. I feel silly that Peyton will be getting a toy when she already has so many.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Well, just think of it as giving others a chance to serve! :)

Anonymous said...

You could take in a toy for her that she has not used in awhile and have them re rap it and it is new to her.