Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Potty Training Peyton

We started potty training Peyton when she was 2 and 1/2. We tried it aggressively but after a month we gave up. She didn't care if she wet herself and sat in it or pooped in her underwear. So we decided not to completely give up but to go to pull ups. Sadly, a year later Peyton is still in pull ups. We are making huge progress by having her keep a dry pull up but she doesn't go on her own. I have to tell her every hour to go pee or else she will just wet in her pull up. Plus we will spend an hour on the toilet only to have her go poop in her pull up the moment she is out of my sight.
Does anyone have any ideas? We have tried bribing, time outs, stickers, charts, taking things away and nothing has worked. She gets so busy playing that she is too lazy to go to the bathroom.
Since I'm self-appointed "Mother of the Year" I know this is not a direct reflection on my mothering skills!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sheri King said...

I can remember my dad threatening to tie my poopy underwear around my neck. It must have left an impression because I still remember it. So my suggestion is to tell her she will have to wear her poopy pull up as a necklace, yep, that should do it!