Thursday, March 31, 2011

Socially Awkward

Lincoln has been sick for the past week so when I have been in the shower he is not loving it like he normally does. So I get in and get out which means I haven't been able to shave my legs since last Sat. Now for some of you this is not a problem but for me....It is a huge problem. Imagine an Amazon woman that has massively long black hair that grows super fast to help her stay warm and protect her from the bugs......this is my leg hair. I have black leg hair that people in space can see and it starts growing almost immediately after I shave it. (Which is why it was super traumatic when my Mom wouldn't let me shave till 7th grade. My classmates said I had a black sweater on my legs.....seriously, I can't believe I turned out okay even though my parents plotted against me!!!)

It is March so wearing lounge pants everyday shouldn't be an issue and my leg hair can just provide me with an extra layer of warmth...right? Wrong!!! Here in Spring Valley it hit 90 degrees today. So I put on my lounge pants to take Peyton to preschool but when I went to pick her up I noticed it was in the high 80s.....shorts weather. So I reach for my lounge shorts (yeah, my exact lounge pants only they go to my knee....find of the year!!!) and I saw the leg hair.

Now this is where a normal person would just suck it up and wear lounge pants but not me. I put my lounge shorts on and I picked Peyton up. Then I went to my visiting teaching appointment (Mormon of the Year...since I did it on the last day of the month) and wore my lounge shorts with pride. This got me thinking about the other whitetrash things I have done in the past:

1- Floss my teeth in public
2- Wear a t-shirt that was dirty but didn't care
3-Wear Chuck Norris shirts with pride *looks down and smiles at my chuck norris shirt*
4-Wear pajamas to get a refreshing beverage in the morning at McDonalds drive thru

Tomorrow I will shave my legs so I don't scare little children when I take Lincoln back to the Doctors office.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried waxing?

Laura Beers said...

Too lazy to wax and I'm a wimp when it comes to unnecessary pain.

Sheri King said...

Is it a prob to go through the mcdonalds drive thru in pajamas? I do it on a daily basis!

Reggs said...

HILARIOUS! amazon woman, i will call you that from now on.
I would have to agree with "anonymous". I got my own wax pot and strips for about $40 and I. LOVE. IT!!!! 5 seconds of pain to trade 6 weeks of shaving? DONE!