Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'm okay with eating by myself

This morning Jake called and said he needed an afternoon off to go golfing. Being a 12 cow wife* I said "Of course" and then he said "Why don't you go do something first for an hour or so". So I decided to go out to lunch and read my Book of Mormon. Now you may think "Wow, Laura is so much better than I am.....why is she not translated???" I understand that this is your initial reaction but I haven't read the Book of Mormon since I challenged myself to finish reading it before Jake takes the bar. It was so much fun to sit in a booth and guzzle down (yes, I used the correct words) chips and salsa and drink Dr.Pepper. I read all about Nephi, Laman and Lemuel.

Then I came home and back to the normal grind. Fortunately, my kids are so cute and Lincoln went down for a nap. So I turned on Strawberry Shortcake (yes, that is what they picked) and I decided to blog. I'm pretty sure today I am up for "Mother of the Year" for letting my tv do some babysitting and "Mormon of the Year" for reading 8 chapters of the Book of Mormon today.

*Johnny Lingo reference

No comments: