Luke's 1st grade teacher sent home a bunch of cards that were all juggled up and wanted me to resort them and put them into 11 card piles. Sounds easy enough right? Oh no, this was the worst assignment ever!!! Normally she sends me home sorting piles and they take about 30 minutes or she sends home boxtops that I need to mail off. These projects I can handle. Please do not read any further if you are worried you might lose all respect for me for failing to do a 1st grade project........
I pulled out the cards while I was watching Thursday night line up on T.V. I started sorting them out by numbers 0-20. I immediately noticed that there were 30 or so cards for numbers 0-10 and only 5 or 6 cards for 11-20. Then I divided up the 0-10 cards into their own piles based upon their picture on the front. So each number 0-10 had 4 different piles of 8ish cards each. Now how do you re-sort those to 11 seperate piles. (At this point I was up to an hour in time.....)
I gave up and kept all piles seperated and sent them back to Luke's teacher explaining I failed. She then resent them back and asked for them to be sorted by the color. I relooked at the boxes and I realized that each one of the 11 boxes had a color on it and that the color was on each one of the cards. So I decided to give it a go again.
Last night I pulled out the cards and gave it a good shot again. Finally after 30 minutes I couldn't figure out which color was on each cards and how these were going to go together with some type of consistancy. So I gave up. I wrote Luke's teacher an email and said "I couldn't figure it out".
Now I have a college degree from BYU and I am also "self proclaimed- Smartest Woman in my house". So I feel embarrassed I couldn't do this project for Luke's teacher. Now his teacher is going to make fun of him that his Mommy isn't smart and can't do 1st grade homework. Luke will then start acting out in school and drop out by 6th grade. Luke will then go down a life of crime and finally end up on a street corner begging for money with a sign that says "Mom faild me. She no smart. Need $ for soda pop"!
At least if I screw up with Luke I can pinpoint the exact time I messed up. On a brighter note Peyton's teacher asked me to cut out 32 red hearts and I was able to complete that in a timely fashion. So I can still do Preschool tasks! Yeah Me!
2 comments:
HA HA HA HA!!! Awesome post, Laura.
You are hilarious!
Post a Comment