Sunday, April 6, 2008

I screwed up Jello


So today I thought would be a great day to make jello jiggles. I have only made jello once before and I managed to screw it up. So I figured I would try it again and yes, once again, I screwed it up.

Now most people don't screw up making jello but I do. That is all!

6 comments:

ANGELA said...

That is so funny! For the past three or four weeks, Eric has been on a jiggler kick. He makes it every five or six days. Whenever the pan runs out. The kids love it! I think is it a little gross, but hey I just don't eat it. I'll ask him for some advice and let you know.

Laura Beers said...

Angela,
I started laughing when I read your comment. Jello is one of those things that everyone can make but not me. I love that Eric is making jello jigglers for himself and the kids. Luke is almost 2 and 1/2 and this is the first time I attempted making jello jigglers. The sad thing is that we don't even have a cookie cutter to make shapes for the jigglers. So I was just going to cut them into squares. Jello is one of those things I'm not sure we will have in our emergency preparedness kit. If I can't prepare them in a working kitchen then how can I prepare them if we don't have a kitchen?

Reggs said...

what happened to the jell-o? I hate waiting for it to chill. the only time i'll eat it is when i have a sore throat. I hope jigglers aren't a requirement for excellent parenting b/c i haven't made them either!
P.S. I really liked conference, too!! I thought it was really upbeat and entertaining. I laughed a lot. Especially the part about Elder Ballard sitting on the back row of church trying to entertain 6 kids. He is the new hero to young mommas.

Laura Beers said...

Well I made the jello and then I put it in water so I could make the jigglers (per the instructions on the box). I think I put it in too warm of water because it started turning back to liquid before my very eyes. I put it back in the refrigerator and I did manage to salvage some. It tasted great with fat free whipped cream.

Yes, that back seat comment was hilarious and the part about cheerios!!!!

ANGELA said...

I think Eric waits three or four hours before putting the pan in the water. I know it is boiling too so you probably just need to wait longer. Yeah, we have invested in some cookie cutters because the squares were getting boring, but just start out slow! You can do it. :)

Laura Beers said...

Angela,
Thanks for the upbeat attitude that I can one day master jello jigglers!!! You are being so nice to me even though I can't make jello correctly. Maybe I should go on Hell's Kitchen and make jello jigglers my signature dish???