Last night I went to JCPennys to use the $10 gift coupon that came in the mail. So I found a cute dress and then a sassy jacket. The nice check out lady gave me another $10 gift coupon so I got $20 dollars off those two things. Then I went to Children's Place and The Disney Store and partook in their sales. When I got home Jake wasn't too impressed with the jacket so I decided to take it back and get another dress. Then I realized that I bought the same skirt at the Children's Place that Grandma Beers gave to Peyton earlier that day. Next I realized that the puzzle I got at the Disney Store wasn't working. So I had 3 stores I had to visit and to return a 1.99 skirt and a 5.99 puzzle....yes, I'm whitetrash.
So today I went to JCPennys and I looked seriously whitetrash (like normal) and Luke dressed himself (he didn't really match but at least it was clean). I didn't feel like fighting with Luke this morning so I just gave in. Peyton was dressed cute because I got to dress her without her saying "No, this shirt....NO, this shirt". So off I go to JCPennys and selected the dress that I wanted and went to the first checkout. The first lady said "No, you lose your coupon...sorry". I didn't want to pay fullprice for the dress and I figured there was someone there that would have compassion since the night before a lady gave me a $10 dollar coupon. So I walked around for a few minutes and got a nice lady that said "No, you will lose your coupon if you return the jacket". So I said "Well, I guess I will just keep the jacket because I don't really want to pay more". Well the nice lady looked at me, then at Luke looking whitetrash and then Peyton. Then she said "I will take 10 dollars off your dress for you". So I ended up only paying an extra $5.40 rather then 15 dollars.
The moral of the story is that looking poor sometimes has it benefits. Unfortunately, in a year not only will we look poor but we will be poor. Sad. The good thing is that in 3 years Jake will have a law degree from........stay tuned on where he will get the law degree.
Now I know that you are thinking....what about returning the other items at Children's Place and The Disney Store. I turned those items for a total return of $16.00. Yes, I am whitetrash. I had even ripped up the Disney Store receipt and taped it back together so I could return the non-functioning puzzle.
2 comments:
I also don't make the effort to dress cute unless I'll spend most of the day out. I hate it when you get followed in the store, or when you KNOW they are asking for your photo ID because they think you've stolen that debit card. I want to wear a sign that says, "I normally look a lot better than this."
Don't feel bad about returning the stuff, though! If they made better stuff, you wouldn't have to take it back. ;)
Impressed that you are running!
Post a Comment