Friday, May 16, 2008

Primary President, Primary Counselor or Music Chorister...No Thank you


I recently got called as CTR 8 teacher and I was really sad. I loved going to Relief Society and spending time with Jake during Sunday School. This was the first ward that I enjoyed going to the 3 hours of church. So at first I hated my calling. I just brought candy and pretending I cared about being there. Now I love those 4 little kids. I have two boys and two girls. (One girl is the spitting image of Karen on "The Office") Anyways, I love them and love my calling.

As I sit in my little kid's chair in Primary I look at the Primary President, her counselors and the music chorister. These are callings I will never aspire to have because I am not a "kid person" I have a 3 ring circle. I love my own children, then I love nieces and nephew, then I love my friend's and family's kids. After that I don't like kids. I never would hurt kids, or be mean, but I have no emotional attachment to them. I would be a horrible Primary President.

Here are my reasons:

1) I am not creative
2) I don't think talking in soft voices is soothing...I find it annoying
3) If a kid doesn't want to be in Primary then let them run around the church for all I care
4) Annoying kids should be locked in a room
5) Candy is an excellent brib
6) Singing should go on for the entire Primary time
7) Why do the kids do talks and scriptures? No one listens!
8) Why can't they call old people to Primary so the young people can sit around and chat during Sunday School?
9) I don't like kids
10) Kids are annoying
11) Some kids have their hair nicer then mine (I want someone to do my hair every Sun)


Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you can just submit that list to your bishop now and that way you wont get called to be primary president in the future.

Unknown said...

If you do that, then you're sure to get the calling someday :) I can't blame you though, I really don't like being in Primary either. I rather enjoy getting away from my kids on Sunday's :)