So today I started my run right after dinner and I was really excited because I had just bought a new pair of running shorts and athletic headbands to keep my hair out of my face. (I recently had a haircut and so I have some shorter layers) So off I run. As soon as I start up the hill from my apt. my shorts start sliding down. (Warning sign #1) I thought "It is okay" and I kept going. I have no idea why I didn't turn back around and change to a pair of my old shorts because no good can come out of having shorts constantly slide down. So as I am running, and holding my shorts in place, I realize that after 1/2 a mile that my headband had fallen off. Now I am holding my shorts with one hand and I keep pushing my hair out of my face with my other hand. I seriously looked like a freak. I tried rolling up my pants, tucking in my shirt and even making a temporary belt. ALL IN VAIN!!! At this point I am about 2.5 miles out so I have to keep finishing my run. So as I am running back I find my headband on the ground. I then made it into a belt and rolled my shorts over it so they would stay in place. Now I am running with a serious wedgy but my shorts are in place. My hair, however, now is somewhat in place because I was sweating. (Yes, I was sweating trying to keep my shorts up)
I was really irritated at the whole shorts thing and the headband situation so I took them back to Target. Yes, after wearing them and sweating in them. I was furious. I paid $18 dollars f

or work out shorts and $5 dollars for headbands that fall out. So they took them back and I went back to get a new pair of shorts and headbands. I did discover that the shorts I bought were tennis shorts but who would want shorts that would fall down on the tennis court? That might even be more embarrassing. Its like "Oh, they are going to serve....shhh"...."Oh, her shorts fell off"
That was my embarrassing fun story. I did buy running shoes tonight though on my way back from Target. I'm not a huge fan of the colors but they were on sale and they seemed like a good shoe.
3 comments:
I'm so impressed that you are running every day. You are going to get too skinny and we will never be able to hang out.
Cousin....that was my plan, however, no fatness has come off yet. You can ask Sheri.
I hope it will come off soon but I do like the feeling of running and being away from the kids. Normally when I'm away from the kids I'm spending money by running errands but not when I'm running. I feel good when I finish!
oh sorry....my plan wasn't to stop hanging out with you but to get skinny! (or at least lose the tire roll)
Post a Comment