Friday, August 15, 2008

Jake is now Unemployed...Hooray


Today was Jake's last day at his work and he will be starting law school at USD on Wed. He is really excited to get back to school. I am excited for him to start too!

I think I might have gotten a job as a server at Claim Jumper but prayers would be nice. I will officially find out on Wed the 20th. Right now it looks great but I still have resumes out to Outback, Singing Hills Golf Course (Sycuan now) and Applebees. In&Out and Target both rejected me so that was a little slap in the face but I was trying to go for cashier at Target. I guess Cashier positions are saved for people that have Masters Degrees.

2 comments:

Michelle S. said...

Laura I will definitely pray for you! Thank you so much for the beautiful note you sent. I loved it. I'm going to miss you and your darling family. I'm so glad you have a blog!

Reggs said...

Hooooray! Moving up and on to better things. I'm excited for you guys and all the people you get to sue. Like Target, for not hiring you. What the what? Everytime I go to Target I get a cashier that smells like bananas. There was the problem. You didn't smell like bananas.
As for the problem at Baazar del Mundo, its a good thing I wasn't there. I ask for free things ALL THE TIME. Like if they don't have the dessert I want, I'm totally like, "can I have that other kind of pie free of charge then?" if they say "i don't think so" I always ask a manager. ALWAYS! I have gotten so much free stuff that way. Moral is: always invite Reagan to dinner, for hopes of free stuff!