Sunday, August 24, 2008

Someone makes me late to Church every Sunday


I need help out there from my blog readers. Someone in my family makes me late every Sunday to church. Its not Luke or Peyton either. No matter what time I wake him up he somehow makes us late to church. Any ideas to speed him up? Every Sunday I get mad and start yelling around 3 minutes till church about why we aren't out the door. It kind of defeats the point of going to church as a family.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful idea is to wake up early and make my family a big breakfast and this normally gets my family moving in the morning.

Bonnie Martin said...

Baths and showers on sat nite and layout everyone's pressed clothes. Wake up by 8:30am and start breakfast, brush teeth, get dressed and out the door by 9:45am and you will always be on time! Good luck in this life time endevor, Bonnie

Reggs said...

HA! I have this same situation. I am up, running on 4 hours of sleep, I take care of the dog and 2 kids and yet...there is always SOMEONE who is the last person to the car, and we are walking in late to church, and it starts at 1 p.m. EMBARASSING.
I have tried everything, even a long, logical talk. If I didn't need help wrangling children during sacrament meeting, I would just leave said person behind.

Bonnie and David said...

Someday when he is called as Bishop, he will be at church at 6:30a.m. every Sunday! Problem solved.

Kristy said...

Everyone is so nice. I would leave him and make him get his own way to church. Hopefully after going by himself and not having a seat saved for him, he will be on time and go as a family. Sorry Jake! Laura, you are so funny!

Laura Beers said...

Jake claims that I make him late. Now every so often that might be true but I have gotten used to just putting my wet hair in a ponytail because he takes so long to get ready. Why does it take a man so long to get ready? They have to shave, take a shower and dress. I see no makeup, no hair prep, no looking in the mirror...etc.

The thing I find the most humorous is the diaper bag. I can pack a diaper bag in minutes. It takes Jake a lot, lot longer. It might be that he can't find the bag since it is camouflage.

Most of the time I wake Jake up at 8am. Jake lets me sleep in on Sat morning and I let him sleep in every other day and Sunday.

Reggs said...

I am laughing so hard at the camouflage comment!!!
In our diaper bag:
diapers, wipes, notebook and pen and TWO SEPARATE baggies of snacks. If Piper has it, Paisley wants it and vice versa.
Allen doesn't have the two baggie thing down yet. It has been the cause of much contention.