Today I found out that my Dad has Lymphoma Cancer. He has been been hospitalized in the Cancer Ward at Sharp's Hospital to run additional tests and to figure out why he is so anemic. He has been so weak lately but at least he is not in as much pain as he was last week. I know that Cancer is beatable but prayers are welcome.
As I was putting Peyton to sleep I stated thinking about how I was sad that at this stage in my life I don't own a home and live with my parents while my husband is still in school. Then I started realizing that I am not working so I can stay at home with my kids and that lead us ultimately to live with my parents while Jake is in school. I realize that this stage will be over within 3 years and we can start getting material things but right now I am very happy

with my life. If I died tomorrow I wouldn't have any regrets. I have spent almost every day with my children and those are my prized possessions. I am active in the church and I love my family. I'm obviously not perfect but I have a great life and I know I wouldn't say "dang it...I died. Why did I just put in that new sink? or Why did I paint that room that color? or I hope Jake can pay the mortgage?" I would just watch my kids and Jake and help them anyway I could.
So yes I am 28 and live with my parents but I am glad that I am. I will be able to help out my parents during this trying time of sickness and I can spend all day and night with my kids. There is nothing else I would want to do with my days and I'm thankful that my parents have welcomed us to live with them.
6 comments:
I am super sorry about your dad! Cancer is tough. I see a lot of patients that I work with have so much strength and courage. I am sure your dad will be that same way. We will definitely keep you in our prayers. I wish you lived closer so we could hang out too. You always make me smile, even from California! Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you!
I am so sorry about your Dad. I hope that the additional tests come back with a bit of good news. We will keep you guys in our prayers.
Laura,
I'm so sorry about your Dad. But, you're right, you know, now you can spend more time with your parents. So, it was probably a blessing that you didn't get any of those crappy jobs. Once again, I'm sorry and I hope that your Dad pulls through ok.
love,
Sarah
I'm sorry about your dad. You all will be in our prayers. I'm sure your parents will appreciate the extra help.
Keep us updated on your Dad. That is never easy, for the person involved OR for the people who care about him so much.
Plus, don't worry about where you're at in this stage of life. It looks like HF might have wanted you there to help out in the time of crisis.
I agree with Reggs comment. I think Heavenly Father knew your parents would need help. I remember the year my Dad died I could not get a good job here in San Diego. Looking back I think it's because I was able to just go be with my mom during everything that happened. Sometimes things that seems like obstacles are really blessings. I am so glad you are with your parents right now, and I know they are glad you are there. Please call me at home if you need ANYTHING! We love you guys and are thinking of and praying for you.
Post a Comment