Friday, September 26, 2008

Mormon Day at the Public Library

Last night Peyton decided to be a little hellion. In her defense she is teething but it was a tough night last night. You can only let a baby cry it out long enough before you just feel too bad. She normally sleeps really, really well to the point that I have considered myself very lucky. Plus if she does wake up at night she goes right back to sleep except for last night. I got very little sleep last night and I still got up to go work out at 5am. (Laura pats herself on the back) Sadly, when I got back from the gym at 6:15am both of my kids were awake. So I quickly took a shower while Jake watched them and then I have had them since 6:30am.

Because of how cranky Peyton was this morning I decided to do a trip to the Public Library. This was only our second trip this week. So we walked around, Luke played with friends, we checked out books and then someone from my ward walked in with her two kids. The reason why that is funny is because when we went last Tuesday someone from my ward walked in with her kids too. We need Mormon day at the Library. I think most of the Moms that go to the library between the hours of 9:30-11:00 are Mormon. (What do you think? 68% or greater)

After the Library we came home and I went inside to make lunch. I didn't realize that Luke had turned on the hose and was spraying dirt. The dirt then became Mud and Peyton and Luke started throwing it at each other. It was really cute so I let them play in the mud for awhile. Then we had to hose them both off and Peyton was really mad at this course of action. She doesn't understand cause and effect yet. (You get dirty outside in the mud....you get washed off with a hose)

After the cold bath from a hose Peyton just was so mad and didn't want anything to do with life. So finally at 12:10pm I put her down for a nap. As soon as Luke realized that Peyton was going down for a nap he was asking if he could take a nap. So now we are all taking a family nap!!! I love this quiet time during the day when I can close my eyes and realize how lucky that I have my kids on the same nap time schedule!!!

(I don't have updated pictures because we haven't gotten our new charger yet but we are working on it. So you have to see an old picture of Peyton sleeping but I think it is still adorable!)

No comments: