
So this morning my Mom and I went to work out at the gym at 5am. Once we finished our workout we drove over to McDonalds and got a refreshing beverage. (Yes, I know it was only 6am but it was delicious to the taste) So we pulled into the Drive Thru and one car was ahead of us. We waited, and waited, and waited....finally, the guy ordered and it was our turn. We realized what the delay was. (There is a lady that works there that has to be 100 years old. Seriously I'm afraid she will die any minute and I'm also afraid that lifting a 42oz soda might break her hand. This was the drive thru employee that was on duty this morning.) Here is my story....
The old lay drive thru employee was fighting with some unseen employee in the restaurant. She grabbed the money from my Mom and started throwing it into the cash register (yes, throwing...) and then here are some of the words we heard her scream to the other employee in the back...
"I only can do so much"
"*bad word*"
"What do you want from me?"
"Leave me alone"
"*bad word*
My mom and I were just in awe because we have never seen such a fight at a drive thru before especially at McDonalds at 6am. Most of the time they are barely awake much less talking. So as we drove away I said "Wow, not only did we get a drink but we got a service with a smile".
Moral of the story- Don't be old and work at McDonalds.
2 comments:
I hope we find out soon how your dad is doing. That is the scary part: the waiting.
As for soda that early, I give you props for creativity. I am also wondering how you do not have a soda fountain in your basement yet? Then you could have it ANYTIME!
I feel bad for that lady. If she is that old and working at a McDonalds, she probably needs the money to buy her meds.
I think to buy drugs. She is old like Yzma (yeah, I confirmed the spelling) on Emperor's New Groove. Maybe she is only 30 but looks ridiculous old. (just kidding she must be in her late 60's).
Soda makes my day better!
Post a Comment