Saturday, January 10, 2009

I am super, super sad

Jake starts his next semester of law school on Monday. I have enjoyed having him home for the past 3 weeks. I have enjoyed sleeping in and working out on a regular basis. I have gained weight because I eat more when Jake is home but that could be related to my Utah trip and eating the delicious food in UT. (I wanted to go to Cafe Rio a few more times)

Oh well....it will be back to me and Luke and Peyton all the time. Back to doing what poor people do like "Go to the public library" and "go on playdates" and "only drink 1 soda a day". Yeah, Jake has started monitoring my soda intake and gets upset if I drink two sodas a day.

5 comments:

Reggs said...

I started hitting the Arctic Circle for kiddie cones once McDonalds started charging .42 cents for theirs.
I find it funny that Jake is monitoring your soda intake. Doesn't he know that you are petitioning to get DP sealed with you guys so you can "take it with you"?

John Sperry said...

I'm sorry that you're going to have to be more careful with your DP consumption. I can totally relate about working out more. My husband is a teacher in middle school and now that he's back to work and I'm back in school, we NEVER have time to work out except on Saturdays. It really sucks.

Andrea said...

Good luck getting back into a routine!
Hey - Laura - I emailed you a recipe I think you'll looovvveee! So go check your email!

Jake said...

My main concern is not the soda intake but the purchases that I am concerned with. $2 to $3 a day on soda does not help our economic situation. $2x6(no purchases on Sundays)x52= way too much money($624 for those that are actually counting). We could get a 32in. 720P LCD Samsung for around $500 and still have around $75 left to buy 12 packs of DP to drink throughout the year. Which would you rather have?

The Ferguson Family said...

Sad story, I will help donate to the Dr. Pepper cause if you start one. Nobody should have to be deprived of refreshing beverage.