Monday, January 12, 2009

My failed attempt at a blood test


This morning I went to the doctors to get some blood work done for some medicine that I am on. I need to make sure that it is not damaging my liver. So I show up with my two kids and I wait about twenty minutes. Luke went poo in his diaper so I had to change that outside and then my turn finally came to give blood.
I hate giving blood but I do it because I have too. You would think I would be used to it because I have two kids and two C-sections but no. Sadly the nurse tried poking me on the right side and was wiggling around the needle but could not get the vein. So she switched to the left side and wiggled it around my arm and could not get the vein. Finally she said I was dehydrated and to come back later or tomorrow. I'm tempted to not go back since I only have three weeks left of the medicine. I probably will go back because I drank lots of soda today. (Don't worry fountain drinks so it is carbonated water so it is good for you)

No comments: