Friday, January 2, 2009

So far my BYU adventure...

My mom flew with me up with my brother Mark so we could pack up his apt and head back down with his car tomorrow. It is now Friday night and I arrived at 4:50pm. My cousin Jenni picked us up and my cousin Sheri, Jenni's sister, was on the same flight. (Sheri and Jenni's mom is getting married tomorrow)
Jenni dropped Mark off at his apartment because he had a lot of packing to do and he doesn't care for cafe rio. (I know....shock!!) Then we proceeded onto the cafe rio in Provo. It was delicious! Everything tastes better in UTAH! After cafe rio we drove back to my brother's apt and I got dropped off. I helped clean and pack up my brother's apt till 8:15ish. We then headed up to my uncle's house to drop off a load. I was supposed to stay at my cousin's house tonight but here are my retarded reasons I did not:

1) I forgot that the weather changes super fast in UT. One minute it is snowing and the next it is a blizzard
2) People drive crazy in UT
3) Cars skid in the snow
4) Mark was paranoid that I would drive to my cousin's house and wreck the car. Thus losing our only source of transportation home.
5) I did not leave my bag in my cousins' car or take it with me when we left to drop off a load because we thought we would be able to do two loads with no problem before 10pm.

Now I am breaking the honor code and staying in my brother's apt. He gave me his bedroom but the sheets are not clean and a bunch of guys are playing video games in the main room. Fortunately, I don't have to drive back in the snow.

3 comments:

John Sperry said...

Well, since you've graduated from BYU is there still an honor code? ;) I'm sorry that it smells funny there, though. Did it take you back to be in Provo again? I haven't been back in over five years. Wow, that snow looked threatening.

Anonymous said...

Man you have a great brother good thing he cared about you and did not make you drive in the snow. I cant believe he let you stay in his room while he slept on the couch with no blanket and with the fear he could be kicked out of byu for letting you stay there. Man what a good brother.

Laura Beers said...

That picture was a random photo I got off the internet. So it wasn't actually BYU but I think everyone got the point.

As for the hermano comment. Please stop coming on my site and making random comments. I know it is you John. I do have a good brother but stay in the backseat where you belong. AM I RIGHT?