Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chronicles of Luke's Potty Training


Luke is almost 3 and 1/2 and is the only Sunbeam in our ward that is not potty trained. In fact, most of the kids younger then him in nursery are already potty trained. I have tried the stern method and I have tried the relax method but still no results. I was at the library on Tuesday and I was going to check out the book "Potty Training for Dummies" and one of my friends that it was for Peyton. She was surprised Luke was not potty trained. I think everyone is a little surprise when they see this tall kid still wearing a diaper. When people ask Luke why he still wears a diaper he says "for fun".

So new strategy. We went and picked out Mickey Mouse underwear (again) and I am going to put it on him during the day. I will let you know if this works.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Is Luke into any super heros? Or anyone? Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader called my first son after he would have NO accidents in a day and use the potty. This worked for him. And shooting cheerios in the toilet...and btw..girls are so much easier!! (;

Jenni said...

I feel for you!! Ethan was such a struggle for me! He did not care at all that he was the only sunbeam not potty trained, but I cared! Luckily Ethan is very short for his age, so people assumed he was younger than he was. Trust me, one day he will just amaze you and do it. Ethan just had to do it on his time.