Saturday, September 12, 2009

Horrible Hand Me Downs

Last night I was thinking about how sad it is for Peyton because she will get Luke's old bed when he is too big to fit in his twin bed. So I started thinking about all the hand me downs that I got when I was younger. (I was the middle child out of 5 kids. Plus I was the middle girl too)

So I was thinking about how I got the hand me down PE uniform. Sadly after like 6 years the shorts were super short and super faded. The shirt was also really tight and short from all the washing. So I was made fun of all the time. I can't even believe I could work out in those clothes. I was called names I can't even repeat and I was always so embarrassed to put them on.

The solution was just to ask for $20 dollars from my parents to get new PE uniforms. I just thought it was so expensive and I could just make due. Looking back I should have asked my parents or the school should have recognized how poor, or slutty at least, I looked and given me a free uniform. (They have them because my Mom is a PE teacher and gives them out to the needy)

Oh don't worry about my younger Sister and Brohter because they got new PE uniforms. Nice life for them!!!

3 comments:

Reggs said...

I totally relate to you on this one, sister.
When I was in elementary school, I wore the same 5 shirts. Sometimes I would wear one shirt twice in one week. I would tell people that I had two of the same shirt, so they wouldn't think I was nasty.

Fast forward to my little sister in elementary school: she had a leather jacket and a cell phone.
NOT. FAIR.

Sheri King said...

I bet the boys really liked your "slutty" uniform... That is too funny!

P.S. An actual comment in RS yesterday was a lady who said that she was taught, "if you got em' , flaunt em" I love it when that happens!

Unknown said...

I can beat you on this one. Ask me sometime!