Sunday, September 13, 2009

So Annoying

This morning I was yelling at Jake that I did not want to be late to church again so there was a little hostility in the air when we were rushing out the door. I grabbed the church bag and I came outside and I discovered Jake was by his car which annoyed me because we were going in my car. Then I saw the damage. It appears that someone threw two huge rocks at our car. One bent the side frame and broke the back side window. The only one was below the window and just caused a big dent.
So Jake didn't go to church and waited for the police to show up. He then cleaned up the glass that was in the street and now we have to deal with fixing his car. Fortunately, we have insurance but our deductible is $500. So I am not pleased with that. I can think of all the things we could do with $500 dollars.
I hate that someone, who was probably drunk because we found beer bottles near by, just decided to throw rocks at Jake's with no consideration for his feelings. That makes me mad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister- check your insurance we were shocked that we didnt have a deductable on our glass. DId they take anything?

Reggs said...

OMGSH!!! Laura I'm so sorry! I hope it all gets resolved soon and for cheaper than $500. *hugs*

Unknown said...

I'm sure HF doesn't want you yelling at your hubby on the Sabbath. Punishment comes in strange ways(LOL). Now you will have to give up your favorite drink to pay the deductable. I am 11 days caffine free and counting, how many days are you (or minutes)?

Laura Beers said...

Debbie,
I know you are a little biased since Jake is your son but I think Heavenly Father is tired of us being late every Sunday. Jake claims that when he was younger that you said it was okay to be late to church. (j/k)

Just FYI...people that leave anti-Dr Pepper comments (in any form) usually get deleted by the administrator of the the blog. I don't know how this happens but I thought you should know!