Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Great Fish Rescue

This morning I decided to clean out Bubbles small aquarium before Luke woke up. So I went to dump Bubbles into the temporary bowl when he made a suicide jump into the sink. (Now it has been pointed out to me that I shouldn't have been that close to the sink or garage disposal...lesson learned) As I was trying to get Bubbles out of the sink he sank into the garbage disposal since he kept jumping away from me. Now this was the tough part for me. Do I try to get him out of the garbage disposal or do I just go buy a new fish? I didn't know how far down he was and I had already been trying for about 5 minutes to get him into the bowl. So I decided to go to try to save Bubbles even though I didn't know if he was still alive. So I turned on the water to make sure he had water to breathe and I started sticking my hand down the garbage disposal. I felt Bubbles trying to get away from me so I knew he was alive. So I kept putting my hand down till I rescued Bubbles. Once I got him out of the garage disposal he then tried to go back down. Silly Bubbles!!!! What I found amazing was that he was still alive. I think I might have done some damage trying to rescue him but he is alive and in his home again. Bubbles will live to see another Day thanks to Laura, fish rescuer.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAA! said Reagan's sister. It's like Finding Nemo. I can hear some imaginary fish shouting at Bubbles, "Smack her on the hand! Smack her on the hand!" "All drains lead to the sea kid..."

Perhaps you have just foiled a prison break. :D