Monday, October 19, 2009

My Cruise with my Mom

I had so much fun on the cruise with my Mom. I ate, slept, ate, laid out, relaxed, slept, ate and just had fun hanging out with my Mom. I loved the negotiating at Ensenada and Cabo and I just got a few things for Jake and my kids.
Me by the pool drinking water in my polka dot swim suit. I did get a funky sunburn the second day on the cruise.

My Mom and I were walking by this Marlin and asked to take a picture to pretend we caught it. Sadly, my brother did not believe us.

So my Mom is awesome and took on the rock wall. I went half way and said "I'm an adult. I don't want to do this anymore." So I got off the wall. I hate heights.

Me just hanging out on the cruise ship.

Me at the dinner table. I would always order 2 or 3 entrees and minimum of 3 deserts. I always asked for a caramel sundae and cheesecake. This dinner service I ordered 4.
My mom loved the Gold by an Inch and I just loved looking. I tend to only wear jewelry on Sunday and I only need so much.
Me happy to get another refill. It was all you could drink soda for $30 dollars and they lost money on me and my Mom.
My mom and me right before we started Yoga. I am not good at Yoga. In fact, I hurt my back again.
Me acting normal in Cabo.
My Mom and Me at the 2nd dinner.
Luke and Peyton wearing the shirts I got them in Cabo and just acting so cute. I was so excited to see them. It is amazing how much I missed them. I love my two hellions so much! They mean everything to me.


Things I learned from the Cruise:

1- My Mom got hit on me right in front of me in Cabo. The guy had no interest in me and went straight for my Mom. Now I agree my Mom is great looking but I am half her age. He didn't even attempt to hit on me. So that afternoon I was at the gym. I think he was too intimidated by my incredibly good looks.

2-I judged "Sexiest Legs competition for Men". I felt bad for the announcer because he kept asking for volunteer judges and no one came up. It was fun and I did nothing inappropriate.

3-I don't know how but all of my clothes shrank before we got onto the cruise ship. Everything I tried on seemed tighter and I'm sure the 4 deserts a night had nothing to do with it.

4- Never fall asleep on the deck in your swimsuit. This will result in a bad sunburn.


I learned a lot more but it was so much fun being with my Mom. I want to thank my Mother in Law Debbie for watching my kids and Jake for letting me go. I have a great husband and Mother in Law.

4 comments:

The Ferguson Family said...

Looks like you had tons of fun. I am ready for another trip without my kids, I come back really missing them and totally relaxed.

Andrea said...

What a fun trip! Yay! This should be an annual thing.

Anonymous said...

As great as the cruise was, it is nothing like 6th grade camp. Up here the kids serve us, set the tables, and wash the dishes.....oh my! We go on "all day hikes" for 6 hours at a time. We climb "real rocks" instead of those "fancy rock walls" All the captain crunch or fishsticks you can eat!
Things I learned on my cruise:
1. Laura does not like to know the time at 3:30 am
2. Laura falls asleep on deck whenever she starts reading.
3. Laura is a GREAT line dancer!
love MOM

Temperance said...

Hey what a great trip maybe next time I can go with you.