Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Lights

This afternoon I decided it was time to put up Christmas Lights because Luke has been asking for me to put them up. I pulled down our old lights that we used from previous years and started making sure each strand of lights worked. Once I confirmed I had about 10 strands I went outside. I started going crazy and they looked awesome until....they all went out. I think I had too many strands on one outlet. So I started over and discovered one strand had a short so it affected the rest of the lights. The second time the lights weren't as extravagant and I was too lazy to even take out the knots on some of the strands. (Yeah, classy I know)

Total time to put up lights= almost 2 hours
Having my kids be excited when I turn them on tonight= Priceless

While I was doing this my kids went crazy with the suckers. I counted 6 that I have picked up off the ground. Good thing I had a refreshing beverage during this crazy time.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Didn't Ryan fall off of your roof one year trying to help with the festivities? I also thought you should know that my 14 month old spits out every carbonated drink except Dr. Pepper. Maybe you are related??? :)