Thursday, December 3, 2009

Crappy Medi-Cal

So last September I felt very prompted that it was time to get pregnant. So I went forward with faith and we got pregnant even though we did not have maternity coverage on our crappy health insurance. I was not really worried because we are poor and we qualify for pregnancy medi-cal and I talked to my friends that went this route when their husbands were, or still are, in school.

I applied in Mid September and have done everything that the Medi-Cal office has asked of me but they claim I keep not producing documentation. They have lost my information that I submitted twice and I have to wait an hour, if not longer, to talk to a case worker. Today I went in because they denied me due to not turning in documentation. They sent me a letter dated Nov 20, 2009 and it arrived the Friday after Thanksgiving Nov 27 and asked for all paperwork to be turned in on Nov 30. Well it was impossible since USD had to fill out the finanical aid information and when I went in today to talk to them they said "Well, you had 10 days to figure that out". I had to explain to them just because they put a date on a piece of paper that does not mean it arrived to the person due to the mail turn around time. Everything is my fault and nothing is their fault. Normal turnaround times for medi-cal is 30 days and for pregnancy medi-cal is 10 days......10 DAYS.....

Anyways, I am just so frustrated. I hate being poor and dealing with this. Since I had a miscarriage I have all the bills from those dr. visits so I have to keep dealing with the horrible social workers. I AM SO GLAD I DID NOT GO INTO SOCIAL WORK. In college I thought it would be nice to help the unfortunate. Little did I know that social workers, at least at the Lemon Grove office, are the worst people. They can lie and get away with it.

Jake thinks we are being discriminated against since he is in law school and they really don't care to help us.

If anyone wants to say a prayer for me that would be appreciated. I have been dealing with this since last September, before my miscarriage, and it is a horrible process.

No comments: