Monday, January 18, 2010

A Day without Caffeine= Now a Week???

On Sunday I discovered my brother drank all of the Dr.Peppers in the house and I somehow missed that when I checked on Sat night right before I went to Target. So on Sunday I reached to grab a refreshing can of Dr.Pepper and I realized it was a weight loss drink and there were no Dr.Peppers in the house. It was insane! I might have gone a little crazy. Once my fate sunk in I realized I had two options....drink diet soda or the caffeine free Dr.Peppers and try to trick my body into thinking it was the real thing.

I decided to go without caffeine all day. It was tough...I'm not going to lie to you. My brother in law said all my jokes were lame when I am not caffeinated. When I got home I took a Tylenol PM and went to bed. I had a delightful night of sleep and went to the gym in the morning. My friend Mandy said "Why don't you give up soda and I will give up sugar". Now my first response was "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" but then I thought about it. I have been wanting to cut back lately and I want to see if I give up soda if I can lose some fast pounds. I said "Okay, but only for a week". (I think she was pushing for longer than that but that is all my body can give right now) So we are starting tomorrow. I have not gone without soda since....well, I can't recall a time. I might go a little crazy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it Laura! I know you can. :-)

Jenni said...

I bet you will lose weight quickly. Good for you!

The leader said...

Awesome! I drink caffeine so irregularly now that every time i drink a caffeinated soda, i feel sick to my stomach. Who knows, maybe you'll get that same natural kill-joy. :-)

Jacquelyn said...

You can do this, Laura! I remember back many years ago when you gave up caffeine for a while, and you said how good you felt (after you got over the jitters and the nerves). I'm excited for you! Let us know how it's coming. Love you, Laura!