Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Lack of sleep linked to early death"

So we took Peyton to a new Doctor and he is treating her for a sinus infection that hasn't cleared up as step 1 and then, if she is still coughing, step 2 will be asthma treatment. Peyton has had a chronic cough, mainly at night, since last Oct. It has gotten really bad since last Jan. She coughs so hard she wakes up and comes into our room and then coughs all night so we can't get any sleep. Finally after taking her to our family doctor for the 5th time he recommend using the nebulizer. (The first four diagnosis were useless. 1) give her benadryl 2) give her claritin 3)clean your house from all dirt 4)acid reflux) So when she is coughing really bad at night we get up and go down and give her a breathing treatment in addition to the one we give her right before bed.

Since we are poor we got kicked off Healthy Families and now the kids are on Medi-Cal and we switched to a pediatrician rather then our family doctor that was covered under Healthy Families and was right across the street. I'm hoping this makes a huge difference. We have been so sleep deprived for months now.

I was reading this article that stated "Lack of sleep linked to early death". So if I die this weekend or early next week you will know it is from lack of sleep. I have been on night duty since Jake is in the midst of finals. I wonder if he knows I could die at any time.......?????

No comments: