Last week I was asked to sub for Sunbeams during the second hour. So I prepared my lesson and assumed I could handle the task. Right after I started the class Peyton screamed "I want Daddy" and runs out the door to find Jake. (Yes, she should be in nursery but is a drop out) So we all go on a walk and go on a bathroom run. Once Peyton finds Jake she wants nothing to do with him so we all go back to the classroom. Sadly, my 3 kids were running in the hallway like misfits and I'm a fat pregnant woman trailing behind them telling them to be quiet. Once we are back in the classroom Peyton runs off again. So this time I drop her off at Nursery and she is screaming for Daddy. Finally...I went to go teach my lesson. After 2 minutes into my lesson one of the girls said "This is boring. I want to play with toys!" I said "Toys...that is for nursery. How old are you?" She was 6 and her sister was 4. So the 6 yr old should not have been in the class. After discussing the hands and giving out gum we went on a walk and then came back and colored.
Then third hour I had to go to YWs! I think I nailed it though. I'm pretty sure I have been removed from the Primary Substitute List.
3 comments:
That's awesome! Sounds like the presidency could've been a bit more helpful in at least getting the right kids in your class....
We love our sunbeam substitutes... SUCKERS!!! (he he he, just kidding).
Try doing that every week! I teach sunbeams and have 8 kids. Lets just say every week is a joy.
I could never imagine teaching Sunbeams every week. It would be so hard for me.
The presidency tried to take the 6 yr old out but she was being really defiant and refused to leave. In fact, she refused to even sit down for my lesson but at least she was there.
The only good thing is that Luke's future wife is in the sunbeam class. So I can slowly mold her into perfection....just kidding! Her parents have a one way ticket to the celestial kingdom right now. They are pretty close to perfect.
Post a Comment