Friday, May 7, 2010

Why am I still here?

I am curious why I have not been exalted yet. *Laura pinches self to make sure she is not exlated* Yesterday one of the Moms in Luke's preschool class came up and asked if I could watch her son while she went to a funeral. I don't know this mom really well and she offered to pay for my wonderful services. This was a dilemma. I wouldn't normally charge anyone of my friends to babysit their kids especially for a funeral but I only know this person's first name. I have found out she is an inactive member but stopped going to church in high school. So I thought if I charged her $5 an hour then at least I know she wouldn't stay away for 10 hours or something crazy. After 20 minutes of debating I decided I wouldn't charge her and just get service blessings out of it. She dropped her son off at 1pm and came back at 4pm. So it wasn't long and her son was great. (Keep in mind I also have a little girl I babysit so I had 4 kids running around....and one swimming around on the inside)
Then after this huge SERVICE that I did for another I went and helped my Mom clean the chapel. Yes, I babysat for 3 hours and then went and cleaned the church for over an hour. I was pretty surprised I even made it out of the chapel without being exalted or at least have angels lined up at the door applauding me. Sadly, no angels....no handshake from Nephi, and I have not been exalted yet. At least I'm not glowing yet and I'm pretty sure I'm not immortal.....*Laura pokes herself again*....yeah, not immortal.

2 comments:

Sheri King said...

I'm pretty sure you are in exalted state, but still living on the earth to make it a better place!

Heather said...

Laura you ultimately just made my day. I cried after laughing so hard. I think you are still here only because of your kids :)