Sunday, June 27, 2010

Update on my Pregnancy

I am now 28 weeks and 1/2 pregnant and so far the baby is healthy. My KIDD antibodies have doubled and I have started going in for weekly ultrasounds. Soon I will be going to the Dr. every week because I only go every other week now. It is nice to see the baby every week in an ultrasound and I have great specialists who are watching the baby, and my blood levels, very carefully. A Dr. always comes in and explains the ultrasound to me so I know what is going on. The good news is that I am on pregnancy Medi-Cal so THANK YOU California tax payers!

I do have HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE news though. I failed the glucose test so I have Gestational diabetes. The Doctors have taken away pretty much all of the food that I love and.......I can't have Dr.Pepper. It is like my best friend has been taken away from me. Dr.Pepper and I have been through so much and have gotten so close over the years. I have to prick my finger 4 times a day and have to eat very differently then I normally do. It takes all the fun out of being pregnant for me. Plus even when I don't cheat I am getting high Blood Glucose numbers so I probably will have to go on medicine.

The only good news is that Gestational Diabetes goes away after having the baby.....so I am going to plan the perfect meal after I can eat since I will be getting a C-section and they make you starve after the surgery anyways.

4 comments:

Sheri King said...

Oh my! No Dr. Pepper?? I think that Dr. Pepper stock took a nosedive today. Sorry about your stinky diet. We NEED to plan a big Cafe Rio trip when you can eat fun again!

Anonymous said...

That is two bad, well maybe you should go crazy and eat a box of sugar free chocolate I hear that taste good.
Fact: Diet Dr.Pepper Taste the same and regular Dr.Pepper.

Jacquelyn said...

Laura, that is rough! What are the diet restrictions they've got you on?

Laura Beers said...

For the record...Dr.Pepper does not taste like regular Dr.Pepper....not even close. Sometimes when I take a big sip of my beverage from McDonalds I pretend it is Dr.Pepper then the after taste kicks in.

My diet restrictions are horrible. I can only have so much food at a given time and I have to eat certain snacks. Its not like a good snack that I can enjoy like a candy bar.

I do get to eat pepperonis a lot. I love those.