Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Hospital Stay

On Monday I went in for my bi-weekly Non-stress Test appt and it was discovered that I had "low fluid around the baby". So I was immediately admitted into the hospital and it was decided that I was too early to deliver at 35 and 1/2 weeks so they hooked me up to an IV and hydrated me. The baby is doing great and now I have enough fluid around the baby. The on-call Doctor told me not to get too excited since I might go in tomorrow for my regular scheduled weekly ultrasound, and non-stress test, and they might decide to take the baby.
Basically I have the KIDD antibodies and gestational diabetes and the Doctors are thinking we should just end this pregnancy at 36 weeks and be done. I'm hoping this little one can stay in longer but we shall see. The doctors have already told me they don't want this baby to stay in longer then 37 weeks.
I am home and it is so nice to be home. Although, it is hot! Since I was hooked up to an IV, and baby monitors, I didn't realize how hot it was outside.

No comments: