I would like to start off this story by telling everyone that I used to be a varstiy athlete of 3 different sports and team captain of 2 of them. In addition, I was voted best looking in spandex and was high school royalty. So image my surprise when 12 years later my body does not spring back into excellent shape. My body has been very kind to me but decided to start breaking down when I got pregnant with Lincoln. Then slowly the decline has kept going. The day after Thanksgiving I really hurt my back. I have a rotating disc that likes to act up when I am either pregnant or fat. Since I'm not pregnant.....my body was telling me I was fat. So after 2 weeks my back was well enough to go on during normal things and 5 weeks later I'm still not 100%.
But I am well enough to start to start going to the gym to strength my core and back. So on Monday I went to the gym and did 20 minutes of stair climbing, 20 minutes of weight lifting and 20 minutes of a spin class. I showed up a couple of minutes late to the spin class so I adjusted the seat and jumped on. *5 minutes of intense spin class later*....When I went to sit back onto my seat from standing position the seat went from the top position and slammed to the last position. *BAM* The whole class stopped and turned and stared at me. The teacher turned off the music, got off her bike and come over to ask me how I was doing. Well, I was already off my bike readjusting the seat. The girl next to me turned and said "I'm so sorry. How embarrassing"
Obviously my bike did not realize it had a high school princess sitting on it.......
No comments:
Post a Comment