Thursday, February 24, 2011

Our trip to Disneyland

Jake's co-worker, at the law library, had a connection so our whole family got into Disneyland for free last Tuesday! We decided to bring Lincoln because Jake's sister and our nephews were coming to hang out with us. We had so much fun. Poor Peyton was tricked into going on every rollercoaster but Luke loved all the rides this time. My favorite is Thunder Mountain. I did learn a few things this trip:

1) "Spot the Mormon" is a fun game to play with my nephews. Although I scared a few Mormons when I would scream "BYU....BYU" after seeing their sweaters or hats. The biggest location of Mormons was at Cafe Rio! I won the game....I have natural talent at spotting Mormons!
2) People don't like to see me breastfeed because Lincoln was doing EVERYTHING in his power to show off my excellent "Feeders" to the people at Disneyland. I'm now debating being done with breastfeeding since I've done it for 6 months and Formula is free since I'm on WIC.
3) Waiting in Line for 90 minutes to see the Princesses might not have been worth it to me but seeing Luke and Peyton hug Ariel, Snow White and the Fairy GodMother.....priceless.
4) Next time we will bring the change of clothes with us and not leave it in the car. Peyton leaked through her pull up and her change of clothes were in the car. So.....we bought her a dress at Disneyland. SHE WAS SO HAPPY but Jake thought I was joking when I told him the price of the dress (but we did get a 10% discount since my Nephew was a ticket holder)
5) Wearing lounge pants is acceptable at Disneyland. I fit right in.
6) I was so excited that my nephews, niece and 2 of my sister in laws came to help out. It made the day so much better. Plus I love spending time with my family!
Peyton demonstrating what not to let your child play with. We made a quick trip to Cafe Rio because we were all pretty tired!
I chased down "Mr Incredible" so I could take a picture with Luke. Imagine a crazy lady running with her son and a camera and screaming "Mr. Incredible...STOP"
A token picture with me and Luke to prove I went on this trip
Peyton with her cousin Adam......
My nephews Clay and Adam and my three precious children. They thought they could get chicks if they walked around with little kids....HA, it did not work!!!
Peyton loving her new Cinderella dress!!!
Jake and I took turns holding Lincoln and waiting in line to see the princesses. It was a 90 minute wait but while we waited the kids went to toon town and ate lunch.
Peyton, Lincoln and Luke with the Fairy Godmother. She was amazing with the kids. You could tell she really loved the children!

No comments: