Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Forever Ending Story.....

I have posted a picture of my sweet girl Peyton. She looks all obedient and innocent but try potty training her. Here are a few of the tactics we have tried in the past year of potty training, yes.....A YEAR!!!

-Putting her back in Diapers
-Bribing her with stickers, candy, bags of candy, cheap toys, expensive toys, dresses, clothes, food and pretty much anything you can think of.
-Putting her on time out when she has an accident
-Talking to her like a big girl when she has an accident
-Putting her outside and refusing to let her back in until she cleans her own underwear out with the hose (okay, this one is not a tactic we used)

I have done some greats things in my life. I was an excellent high school athlete, a great church goer, a very talented lip singer, great driver to the library, excellent soda drinker, a great sleeper, a great television watcher, and the list goes on with different things I am talented at. So it is a surprise to me when I can't potty train my daughter. It took me 2 weeks of intense work with Luke and then he was potty trained for the most part. Peyton has taken over a year. We go intense and then after a few weeks we back off and try a new tactic.

I just have to remind myself that this to shall pass.......or else she will go to BYU in pull ups!!! (Assuming they don't have a rule in the honor code that states the students cannot wear pull ups on campus)

No comments: