
Luke loves swings! Today we went to the park to meet my visiting teachers and Luke spent most of his time on the swings. I tried to keep him by me in the sand box but he would run to the swings and start whining for me to put him on and push him. He says "Go High" over and over again.
Well today at the park something really scary happened. I was packing up my diaper bag, and my Visiting Teacher was holding Peyton, and Luke ran to go to the swings again. I looked down for a seconds and then I looked back at the swings (which were about 30 ft away). I didn't see Luke so I started immediately looking all around. I found him seconds later next to the swings with a man holding his hand. The man was holding his hand and was walking towards the grass field right by the park. (The tree was next to the swings but in between the grass field and swings) I immediately sprinted as fast as I could and I got there right when I noticed there were two kids and a dog. The man had since let go of his hand and I didn't know what I was feeling. I said "Oh, look a dog" and I picked Luke up and walked away. I don't know if that man was the kids father or anything but I found it really weird.
I was so scared and I can't believe how fast that happened. I was putting stuff back into my diaper bag and I took my eyes off of Luke for seconds. Fortunately, I was alert enough to start looking immediately. I don't know if he was a bad guy or just a nice dad. I was so upset that I bought Luke a slurpee because I was so happy that he was with me!
4 comments:
Super scary! I am glad you still have him too. I hate moments like that.
That is so scary! Makes me scared to take my eyes off Ethan for a second.
We have a neighbor next door that is a stay at home Dad with his two kids. He is the nicest guy and he doesn't work because he is from England and has to jump through hopes to get a job here. So his wife works while he takes care of his two kids and he does an amazing job.
Now saying that it still makes me uncomfortable when I see a man holding my son's hand and leading him off the playground. Yes, that man could have been as sweet as my next door neighbor but it just made me really nervous!
If I see a man at the park and he is all by himself I always leave right then. It has happened a couple of times. Now if the man has kids then that is not a problem.
That is terrifying! No good man would do something like that. Anyone decent would know better; stupidity is not an excuse. I'm so glad you got to him in a hurry!
Post a Comment