Thursday, October 9, 2008

154 lbs.....That is my weight

I know that many of you might be thinking "Wow...Laura is a fatty" but I haven't been down to 154 lbs since my high school days. Now I know you must be thinking "Yes, but Laura was extremely well toned and a varsity athlete in 3 very difficult sport. Her body was a walking miracle and could never be insured for the amount it was worth to Laura and to society". To this thought I agree but with all my muscle I weighed 155 lbs in high school. So that has always been the number I have targeted. Now my muscles have given away to fat but I still haven't been down in the 150s in a long, long time. So I am making a few goals to keep myself in the low 150s....

1) 1 42oz a day and 1 can of soda a day
2) Continue to look into the mirror and say "You are beautiful and special to the millions of people that read your blog"
3) Continue to sing "I like big butts and I cannot lie" and pretend my flat butt has turned into a well toned bubble butt.

I did go running for 30 minutes this morning at the gym. The problem with the gym is that I can stop the machine at any time when I feel like it but when I go running in my neighborhood I have to come back to my house. So I will keep running and exercise as much as I can right now.

6 comments:

Reggs said...

LOLOL. You're cutting DOWN to one 42 oz AND a can of soda?? Dr. Pepper owes you free stock in their company!

Laura Beers said...

I think I'm going to fail today. We shall see if I can hold out. I'm going to Costco and McDonalds is right next store. I get free kiddie cones for the kids and that makes them happy. I have to make a purchase to get free kiddie cones....see my dilemma????

Andrea said...

Whatever, you're a hottie and you know it! :)

Ali said...

I TOTALLY am the same page with you about running on the treadmill. I can ALWAYS talk myself down a level and tell myself that I've "done enough." But when I run on the street, I just run until I get tired, and no matter what, I always have to come back. GENIUS!!

And 154 is my dream weight. Dare to dream.

John Sperry said...

Hmmm, I've recently gotten down a couple pounds below you and I think I'm like 2-3 inches shorter than you. Looks like I need to step it up a notch! Is your soda sugared?? Because you could be below 150 if you just cut that out, but I know that's just not worth it to you! ;)

Laura Beers said...

If I gave up Dr.Pepper then I could lose weight or just my fat roll. My fat roll and I are friends so I would hate to lose my FR. (That is what I call her because we are that tight)
I can't do diet...I just can't.